Spirit of Citizens
Citizens Bank & Trust Employee Volunteer Program: Spirit of Citizens
A Note from the President/CEO
We have many things that separate us and are points of differentiation between our bank and those with whom we compete every day. These are the things we do as an institution that define who we are in the communities we serve. We give, we make time for community events, we sit on local boards, and in general, we participate in the lives of many within our communities. We also volunteer. We volunteer because we have employees with a desire to help others, and that understand their ability to impact others through giving their time. It's a cultural thing for us, and it is something that has been encouraged since the inception of our Bank.
Personally, it's one of the reasons I feel blessed to work here. Because we have so many that are already part of this, support at the Bank level — formal support — just seems right. The Spirit of Citizens program is designed for all full-time employees, and is formalized to bring volunteerism into the forefront, and to institutionalize this good work within Citizens Bank & Trust. Within the program is paid time away to support and encourage more of what many of our employees already practice.
The program was not built with any sort of "approved" volunteer activities, rather, we anticipate many will seek out a role that fits their passion or resonates with them in some fashion. There are many agencies, literacy programs, non-profits, homes for the elderly, church-related programs, etc., all of which have the hope of volunteers at the core of how they operate.
It is our hope that we employees find an opportunity that suits them, and in turn, our communities are impacted in a positive way.
Charlie Williams, President/CEO
Citizens Bank & Trust
About the Program:
Citizens Bank & Trust, as a responsible corporate citizen, promotes corporate volunteerism through the use of its resources in support of community programs, activities, and critical needs areas in its Employee Volunteer Program called Spirit of Citizens. Employees are encouraged to become involved in their communities, lending their voluntary support to programs that positively impact the quality of life within these communities. Spirit of Citizens was launched on June 29, 2017. In the program, full-time employees at Citizens Bank & Trust, once approved by Supervisor, are given time away from the Bank to volunteer. Employees are encouraged to "find their place and passion" in their community. Spirit of Citizens is built on a win/win/win model in that it is (1) supporting company priorities and core values; (2) basing activities on employees' interests; and (3) targeting real community needs. Hours volunteered both inside and outside of work are captured. See below to learn more about where many Citizens Bank & Trust employees volunteered in 2017, both on and off regular work hours.
Areas of Volunteerism:
- Albertville High School - Football Game Concessions
- Albertville Nursing Home
- Apple Foundation - Schools of Guntersville
- Arab First Baptist Church
- Arab First United Methodist Church
- CDA Board of Albertville
- Child Advocacy Center of Marshall County
- Court Appointed Juvenile Advocates of Marshall County
- Dayspring Center for Christian Counseling
- Grace Fellowship Church
- Grace Fellowship Church - FCA Sports Camp
- Guntersville High School
- Guntersville High School - Football Game Concession
- Guntersville Middle School Advisory Board
- Hazel Green Elementary
- Junior Achievement – Albertville Middle School
- Junior Achievement – Guntersville Middle School
- Kairos Prison Ministry
- Limestone Co Board of Education/Sugar Creek Elementary School
- Limestone County Board of Education/Elkmont Elementary School
- Manna House
- Marshall County Youth Leadership
- Marshall County ARC
- Marshall County Leadership Challenge
- Marshall County Leadership Challenge Alumni Association
- Marshall Health Systems Board of Directors
- Marshall Medical Cancer Care Center
- Meals on Wheels/United Way Day
- Night to Shine with Tim Tebow sponsored by Compassion City Church
- The Foundation for Marshall Medical Centers: Pink Pumpkin Run
- Project Literacy
- Queen for a Day
- Room in the Inn
- RSVP of Marshall County
- Rotary Club of Albertville
- Rotary Club of Arab
- Shepherd's Cove Hospice
- United Way Day of Caring
- United Way of Marshall County
- United Way/Can-A-Thon
Have a volunteer opportunity to share with Citizens Bank & Trust employees?
Email more information to [email protected].